Patient safety is of paramount importance in our division of urologic pathology. Upon receipt into the laboratory, each case is assigned a unique barcode identifier, which is verified at every step of transit through the lab, preventing specimen mix-up. Once a case is ready for review, only pathologists who are highly specialized in urologic pathology and who read hundreds of prostate biopsies a year, make the diagnosis. Because prostate cancer can be very subtle – often detectable in only a few glands – StrataDx has instituted additional levels of care: each case, including all levels and special stains, is examined in its entirety, by two specialists.
Services and Techniques
- State-of-the-art reports with organ maps and Partin tables, including patient-friendly supplement containing information and resources
- Bar-coding technology for patient safety
- Two pathologist review of all cases whether positive or negative
- Advanced diagnostic techniques using immunohistochemistry
- Molecular studies including urine FISH,GC/Chlamydia on urine, PCA3
- We will provide your office all necessary collection devices including specimen containers and culture supplies, as needed