Our oral pathology department is one of the largest centers for oral pathology in the United States. Under the leadership of Director of Oral Pathology Sook-Bin Woo, DMD, MMSc, and Associate Pathologist Vikki Noonan, DMD, DMSc, our team of doctors of dental medicine and oral pathology serve as an invaluable resource at the local, and national level. Our pathologists have close affiliations with Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University School of Dental Medicine, and Boston Medical Center, where they continue to teach and conduct research.
Services and Techniques
- Our oral pathologists are available for consultation by phone
- Case consultation with dual-trained specialists able to correlate clinical and pathological findings
- Most biopsies, including STAT cases, diagnosed within 24 hours of receipt
- Immunofluorescent evaluation of oral mucosal bullous lesions
- Extensive panel of immunohistochemistry markers
- In situ hybridization techniques available