Provides a comprehensive diagnosis with objective information for the identification and treatment of nail dystrophy.
Laboratory testing delivers information necessary to support a complete patient treatment algorithm.
Various nail disorders appear identical and clinical examination alone may not be enough.
- Highest sensitivity and specificity testing available
- Identification of non-infectious and infectious causes
- Speciation for targeted treatment
- Rapid results
- Evidence to treat all underlying causes
*When used in combination; Bako Nail PCR Testing: 99.9% Analytical Specificity, 86% Clinical Sensitivity. Bako’s PCR testing highly correlates with histopathology. Histopathology: 93% Clinical Sensitivity, 96% Clinical Specificity. Fungal culture: 42% False Negative Rates
- Treatment Recommendations
- Relevant Clinical Images
- Interpretations for All Tests Performed
- Pathologists Available for Consult
Optimal Nail Specimen Procedure Guide. Download this easy-to-follow training tool for your staff.
DNA-based detection for onychomycosis correlates better to histopathology than does fungal culture.
Reference this hands-on, procedural video created by BakoDx clinical consultants.