Patient safety is of paramount importance in our division of urologic pathology. Upon receipt into the laboratory, each case is assigned a unique barcode identifier, which is verified at every step of transit through the lab, preventing specimen mix-up. Once a case is ready for review, only pathologists who are highly specialized in urologic pathology and who read hundreds of prostate biopsies a year, make the diagnosis. Because prostate cancer can be very subtle – often detectable in only a few glands – StrataDx has instituted additional levels of care: each case, including all levels and special stains, is examined in its entirety, by two specialists.
Services and techniques include:
- • State-of-the-art reports with organ maps and Partin tables, including
patient-friendly supplement containing information and resources
- • Bar-coding technology for patient safety
- • Two pathologist review of all cases whether positive or negative
- • Advanced diagnostic techniques using immunohistochemistry
- • Molecular studies including urine FISH,GC/Chlamydia on urine, PCA3
and prostate probes
- • We will provide your office all necessary collection devices including
specimen containers and culture supplies, as needed
Our pathologists welcome the opportunity to discuss case findings and are available 24 hours a day to answer your questions. Call +1.800 325.PATH (7284), or use the “Ask a Pathologist” feature on the right side of the page.